Please select a topic:
- Process Checklist
- Security: Client Roles and Responsibilities
- Apple Developer Account Setup
- Maketing Ideas
- Image Specifications
- Interactive Badge Game
- Bulk Upload Formats
- iOS App Store Submission
- End User Password/Authentication Options
- Live Polling How To
- CVENT API Integration
- Full Help Guide (PDF)
The Interactive Badge Game
Let's Get Started!
Use Gather Digital’s interactive badge game to encourage networking among attendees, sponsors and exhibitors. The Leaderboard allows attendees to check progress and see who’s in the lead. Earned badges are also displayed on an attendee’s profile. Participation is always greater than you anticipate. Most people love the friendly competition. You’ll want to give some thought upfront to how you’d like to set up the interactive badge game. Here are some hints, tips and things to think about.
It’s your game; you make the rules.
You may allow attendees to earn badges by checking in to specific agenda sessions and exhibitor booths. You may even allow them to earn a badge by logging in to the app and for taking a survey. It’s your game; you set all the rules.
You’ll want to get folks involved early by having some easy-to-earn badges, most often the Login badge. Then have some more challenging badges to keep them interested. Encourage networking, sponsor interaction, attendee feedback and other conference objectives using this fun, interactive game.
Set the Rules
1. Define Acceptable Check Ins
Some badges will be based upon checking into an agenda session or an exhibitor booth. You may set up different criteria for these check ins.
Agenda Session Check Ins
• Set by Time: The attendee will be able to check in 30 minutes before the start time of the session, during the session and for up to 30 minutes after the session has ended.
• Or set by Code Word.
Sponsor/Exhibitor Check Ins
• Set by Code Word: Attendees visit exhibitor booths or other locations of interest to earn badges.
Remember, grouping agenda sessions, and also exhibitors, in some logical way might make sense for your game.
2. Decide on Other Badge-Earning Actions
• Logging In to use the app or as a secondary login for optional attendee to attendee messaging or attendee-editable profiles
• Taking a Survey
Set Up Your Rules Spreadsheet
An Excel spreadsheet works great for setting up your rules. Your account manager will import these rules for you into the Gather Digital system.
Design Cool Badges
Use our badges or create your own.
Badge Image Specs: 300 x 300 pixels in .png format.
Some of the badges available to you from the Gather Digital selection:
Promote the Game
Announce your badge game to your attendees in an email before your event, on event signage and in the app under your Info button. Customize the following text to suit your needs:
Play the [Event Name] Interactive Badge Game!
• Earn badges by attending agenda sessions and visiting exhibitor locations during the [Event Name] Conference!
• Simply download and log in to the conference app. Enter the email address you used to register for the conference and create a password. Earn a badge for logging in!
• Check in to agenda sessions as early as 30 minutes before a session starts and as late as 30 minutes after the session ends or enter the code word you’ll receive during the session.
• Check in to exhibitors or sponsors at the appropriate location by entering the code word that you receive there. The “Check-In” button is located at the top of the event session and sponsor/exhibitor descriptions.
• Size up the competition by checking the Leaderboard periodically to see your own earned badges and to make sure you’re staying ahead of the game!
[Then list your badges and what the attendee must do to earn them. For example:]
Up and at ‘em – Check in at both early sessions
Handyman – Check in at three Developers Toolbox sessions
All Star Vendor – Check in to these three vendor booths: ___, ____ and ______
I Came for the Food – Check in to both dinner sessions