Position: Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Email us at email@example.com to inquire about this position
FSLA Status: Full Time, Exempt Reports To: Sales Manager
This entry to mid-level sales role will be responsible for generating new business opportunities to maximize revenue growth through lead generation, follow up on web and marketing campaigns, and other prospects. You will learn how to identify and research organizations to target and how to develop email and telephone campaigns to generate new business opportunities. This position requires a strongly self-motivated, tenacious and results-oriented contributor who can effectively interact with a team, and thrives in an entrepreneurial and customer-focused environment. SDRs must have a strong understanding of the company's products and services, and be ready to effectively communicate Touchpoint solutions to customers.
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel Touchpoint’s pipeline and growth globally
- Collaborate with and leverage teammates (Account Executives) to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities in regional areas
- Utilize business and industry knowledge to research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, and develop accounts
- Outbound prospecting to organizations through cold calling and email, and follow up on various web and marketing campaigns and events with the goal of sourcing qualified opportunities
- Work to have 6+ touches for all leads (call, email)
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Touchpoint’s product suite and demonstrate the value propositions of our products and services to potential customers
- Manage, track, and report on all activities and results using company CRM
- Exceed monthly/quarterly quotas for Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs)
- Enjoy conducting high level discovery and educational conversations with Senior Executives (C-Level, VP/Director), Event Managers, and Event Planners in target accounts
- Share market and competitor intelligence with Manager and Product Management team to contribute to product direction and marketing campaigns
- Represent Touchpoint in the marketplace with a high level of integrity, performing ethically and honestly
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); College education desirable; or 3 - 6 months related telesales experience and/or training (preferably in related software industry); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Personable, positive, persistent, and energetic with high emotional intelligence and a willingness to learn and ambition to grow within Touchpoint
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; and the ability to communicate technical concepts to a variety of audiences
- Must be effective working independently and in a high-energy, team environment with a healthy competitive atmosphere
- Highly self-motivated and desire to go above and beyond to achieve company goals
- Passionate about technology with an understanding of business processes, roles and organizational structure
- Comfort and proficiency with MS Office, use of the internet, and laptop and mobile device use
- B2B sales experience in related software industry a plus
Physical and Mental Demands
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
- Ability to travel (an average of 1 - 2 times a year and some weekend travel may be required)
- SDRs usually work in a fast-paced office environment. They work an average of 40 hours per week, although overtime work in the weekends or evenings may be required to meet deadlines.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the jobholder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- General office environment with a casual atmosphere and with standard office equipment available. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
Touchpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Touchpoint provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Touchpoint complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Touchpoint expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Touchpoint employees to perform their expected job duties is not tolerated.