Position: Account Executive
Email us at email@example.com to inquire about this position
FSLA Status: Full Time, Exempt Reports To: VP of Sales and Marketing
Touchpoint is looking for an experienced Account Executive to join our growing team in Chapel Hill, NC.
This role will be responsible for contributing to and executing the company’s sales strategy to maximize revenue growth. As an Account Executive (AE), you are responsible for developing new business through self-generated leads as well as through working incoming leads. You will be tasked with winning new clients as well as renewing and further penetrating existing clients. This position requires a self-starter, high achieving and results-oriented contributor who thrives in an entrepreneurial and customer-focused environment. AEs must have a strong understanding of the company's products and services, and be ready to effectively communicate Touchpoint solutions to customers. AEs are also the voice of “the market” to the product development team and will contribute to the definition of future product initiatives.
- Meet and exceed sales revenue goals
- Provide accurate sales projections by following the defined sales process
- Create sales proposals and responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Execute sales campaigns, most of which will take place via phone, email, and online meetings
- Arrange and conduct product demonstrations and presentations
- Work with VP of Sales & Marketing to outline sales strategies, targets and tactics
- Identify, promote, and develop prospects, and maintain and manage the pipeline of opportunities
- Execute strategies to win new accounts and upsell in existing accounts
- Be a trusted advisor to the customer by understanding their existing and future IT roadmap, identify customer pain points and problems, and drive Touchpoint solutions to match the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Understand the pricing structure and maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of our products and future product direction
- Effectively transition new clients to assigned Account Manager
- Collaborate with Account Managers for account meetings with existing clients to gather feedback, provide ongoing recommendations for further optimization, and communicate new feature releases
- Provide clear and constructive feedback to Product Management team based on client use-cases and requirements
- Share market and competitor intelligence with Product Management team and VP of Sales and Marketing to contribute to product direction and marketing campaigns
- Attend trade shows on the Company’s behalf
- Represent Touchpoint in the marketplace with a high level of integrity, performing ethically and honestly
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in similar role in a professional environment (preferably in related software industry)
- Proven track record of exceeding quota and successful B2B experience selling technology in a highly competitive market
- Exceptional prospecting, qualifying and closing skills, and comfortable selling to C-level executives
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; and the ability to communicate technical concepts to a variety of audiences
- Strong organizational, planning, time management and follow-up skills
- Ability to use critical thinking skills in a variety of situations
- Must be effective working independently and in a collaborative team setting
- Clear internal motivation and desire to go above and beyond to achieve company goals
- Comfort and Proficiency with MS Office, use of the internet, and laptop and mobile device use
- Meetings industry experience a plus
- Experience with sales contact management software, such as Zoho, a plus
- Experience with remote based training tools (join.me, WebEx, or Goto Meeting) a plus
Physical and Mental Demands
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
- Ability to travel (an average of 6 times a year and some weekend travel may be required)
- AEs usually work in a fast-paced office environment. They work an average of 40 hours per week, although overtime work in the weekends or evenings may be required to meet deadlines.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the jobholder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- General office environment with a casual atmosphere and with standard office equipment available. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
Touchpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Touchpoint provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Touchpoint complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Touchpoint expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Touchpoint employees to perform their expected job duties is not tolerated.